Redevelopment In Vail
Vail's extensive redevelopment consists of various public and private projects as well as Vail Resorts, Inc. projects referred to collectively as "Vail's New Dawn." Click here for more information.
Public Projects include, among others, the Vail Village and Lionshead Streetscape projects, which are currently under construction. For more information, visit the "Vail's Redevelopment" page on http://ci.vail.co.us/
Public Projects Include the Following:
One Willow Bridge Road is a luxury private residence club located in Vail Village and boasts 22 new two-, three- and four-bedroom condominiums available for whole and/or fractional ownership. Amenities include heated underground parking, on-mountain ski lockers, concierge and valet service, and access to all guest services at Sonnenalp Lodge. Completed.
The Vail Plaza Club is located at the former site of the Vail Village Inn. The development includes a new 5-star hotel plus 38 elegantly furnished fractional ownership residences, two restaurants, a bar, a full-service spa and fitness center, 24 hour room service, heated garage parking, personal concierge, and meeting and conference space. Completed.
The Four Seasons Resort Vail is located at the main Vail roundabout on the former site of the Vail Amoco and Chateau Vail. The development will include a hotel, private residences, fractional club memberships, and employee housing as well as retail shops and conference facilities. Amenities will include a full-service spa, ski concierge, fitness center, restaurant and apres ski bar, and underground parking. The construction timeline is TBD and the resort may be open in late 2009.
The Manor Vail remodel includes a new facade and roofline, new underground parking, a new pool and hot tubs, and new landscaping plus the addition of 17 new condominiums. Completed.
The Solaris project will replace the Crossroads complex and will consist of a single structure containing 75 residential condominiums, 60,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, a new public plaza with a skating rink, three movie theaters, a 10 lane bowling alley, and underground parking. Also includes extensive streetscape and public art improvements. Steel work is completed up to the sixth floor of the eight story building, and should be fully completed in May 2009. Completion is scheduled for April 2010.
The Ritz-Carlton Residences and Ritz-Carlton Club are located in Lionshead at the corner of South Frontage Road and West Forest Road, next to the Vail Marriott. The "Residences" consist of 71 whole-ownership condominiums. The project also includes the fractional-ownership Ritz-Carlton Club. Completion is scheduled for late summer 2010.
Vail's New Dawn
The Vail Resorts, Inc. projects referred to collectively as "Vail's New Dawn" consist of two components - The Vail Front Door and Vail Square projects. Please visit http://newvail.com for additional information.
The Vail Front Door includes the following:
- Founder's Garage and Parkers Green (completed) located on Gore Creek Drive
- The Lodge at Vail Chalets, 13 new ski-in/ski-out residences
- New base area and luxury ski club, the Vail Alpine Club
- New Vista Bahn ski yard and plaza
- New streetscape and landscape
- New skier services facility including ski school, rentals, lockers, and ticket offices
- New 11,000 square foot spa and accommodations at the Lodge at Vail
Vail Square, the redevelopment of Lionshead Village's core, includes:
- New skier bridge (completed November 2004)
- A European style pedestrian village located only steps from the Eagle Bahn Gondola
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square, a 36 room luxury hotel operated by RockResorts, which will also include 67 private residences and penthouses
- An outdoor winter skating rink which will double as an amphitheater in summer for concerts and events as well as a Glockenspiel
- New streetscape designs, signs, lighting, and snowmelt
- 33,000 square feet of new retail space
- New underground parking, loading and delivery space